Saturday 31 December 2011

TIME

Twelve groups of thirty days,on an average,printed on a piece of paper is what we call a year.Each day has twenty four hours or one thousand four hundred and forty days or eighty six thousand and four hundred seconds (I hope my calculation is correct :-) ) It feels very strange to me to observe how we have defined time in the form of seconds,minutes,hours,days,months,years,decade,score,century and so on.

Ah! I am not here to give any lecture on units of time.All I want to do is express the value of time that we fail to realise in this system of units.Let me give you an exercise to feel how time flies and how you won't get a moment back again.I hope you all are capable of snapping your fingers and creating that clicking sound.So all you got to do is snap your fingers once and think of the moment in which you snapped them.Feel,if you can,the moment flying back in time as the seconds hand,in the clock,continues its forward journey...

The trick worked like magic for me when I tried it for the first time.Today when 2011 ended and 2012 began,I felt like I had traveled from one mountain to another,and when I tried to look back there was a valley of feelings and experiences which I had not shared with anyone.Feelings that could have made a difference in someone's life,if not in mine.

We all have a habbit of taking things for granted and the worst victim of it is time.Why don't you share your feelings with your loved one,be it your mom,dad,sibling,friend or better half, right now? Probably because you think you have a tomorrow to say all that or you feel that you should wait for the right time.Can you really define the right time? I can bet that some of you will never be able to figure out what you mean by right moment.For me there is no such thing.You feel it,you say it.That is it! I need not say that there are chances that may be one of you(you or the apple of your eye) never sees a tomorrow.Then why not give the other person the joy of being loved today,why not hug him/her today and say you miss them or why not tell them that they hurt you... Happiness comes in small packets and these small packets are words and emotions wrapped up in the covers of love and care.

Let not another year fly away while you choose to wait.Share your feelings with the ones whom you love.

Keep sharing,keep smiling! :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment