Wednesday 21 December 2011

TEENY TINY TODDLER

A magician has to learn the tricks which he can call magic but little kids don't need to learn to anything.They just need to look into your eyes with the puppy dog face and you are under their spell.I have such a trick master in my life whom I get to meet very rarely,but spending time with that tender soul is something out of this world...
Following my nature, I wait for him to approach me and make himself comfortable.Once he is done with it I make sure I make the most of my time with him.He is three years old and has a feeble body.His golden brown hair make him odd one out considering the rest of the family members.His wide bright brown eyes are full of life and it is a delight to look into them.I fall short of words to describe the softness of his skin and the touch of that  sacred soul.Loved by all and is thus named Harman.
Harman will come to you when he needs something and if you choose to say no to him he won't fight or start getting angry.He will start requesting in his sugar coated voice :-) I usually said to him that he has to use 'aap' instead of 'tu','aapko in place of 'tujhe' and so on but kids follow the elders around them.Following his own habit he would return to 'tu' and 'tujhe' from 'aap' and 'aapko'.Whenever he used disrespectful language I told him I won't talk to him and walked away and every time he came to me saying sorry and kissing me as he said he won't do it again.How could I keep away from him then? When it happened for the first time I thought he was serious but then that sweet devil repeated his mistakes and the scene was enacted again.
One afternoon i was having tea and Harman was sitting beside me.He insisted upon having a cup of tea made for him and we agreed to let him take few sips from my cup.I handed over to him the cup and he took a sip.He then said that we will have alternate turns to sip the tea.I agreed.He gave the cup to me and I returned it after sipping the tea.Harman took a sip and did not return the cup.I reminded him it was my turn.He looked at me with his sparkling eyes and smiled while giving the cup to me.Again I took a sip and handed him the cup.This time he laughed and drank the whole tea in one go and I was looking at him with my mouth open and a smile on my face :-)
He has a playful heart and is always ready to fire at you with the 'why' question machine gun :-) I guess this is common to all toddlers.We played with the basket ball set that he had.Harman had the ball and I held the pole to which the basket ring was attached.Every time he shot, I moved the pole to make sure the ball was in the basket.Once the ball was in Harman would burst into laughter.
I had spent two and half day with the little angle and next day I had to leave.I told Harman about it but how could I expect him to understand anything.After all he was just three years old.He said,"bhua  mat jao" and I could feel the pain I was going to give him.He is angry with me at the moment and refuses to talk on phone because I left while he slept.Whatever it is I love him and I know he loves me too.

No comments:

Post a Comment