Wednesday 14 December 2011

JUST TRYING TO SHARE...


Getting up early morning and get a rickshaw ride to the railway station isn't a bad idea at all.In this speedy daily life,slowing down at looking at the things around you is very essential to know what all you are missing.Everyday you might not get a chance to sit at the same place for an hour and keep observing the activities around you.This was what I did two days back when I arrived at the railway station an hour before the train's arrival.
I sat on a bench on the platform and started looking around.There were a lot of things happening but one that is still fresh in my mind is of the pigeons.The cleaner cleaned the platform but threw the paper shredding and other material on the track.All those pigeons looking for material to make nests, flew to the track,picked up the shreds and returned to their selected areas in the steel frames that were built to support the roof.The birds kept doing it and every time they tried to place the material it would fall back to the ground,at times on people standing below.After almost half hour the cleaner had to again clean the area and he still chose to throw the garbage on the track. :-)
While traveling by a train one will never  come across same kind of people.Every time there is a new species.This time I came across those middle aged, working class men who traveled daily from station A to station B.There were four of these.One of them started the topic of  hike in prices of the daily commodities.Another said that the government had promised certain benefits(I really don't remember what they were) to be given to the farmers.The discussion continued for some time till one of them said,"everything is going to be paid from our pockets" and they all laughed.
Looking out of the train window,I am always delighted to see the birds flying,as if they are trying to compete with the train.I won't even blink while watching them.One game that almost all kids love to play is too see who won't get scared when another train passes by.I love it too.Staring at the open fields,at the cars moving along the train on the nearby road,at the electricity wires which too seem to be running and the engine that appears only when big turns appear, is what takes me away from the common din.
Apart from the journey,I met a wonderful soul at the place of my stay.I will be describing her in my next post because this is the time of my favorite show.
To be continued...



No comments:

Post a Comment