Tuesday 6 December 2011

DRIVING...


Every time I am standing at my college bus stop, I can't take my eyes off the road.Those rotating circles,called wheels, going hither and thither, are a delight to watch.I love the way my eyes keep moving from one side to the other.It seems like some sort of a fun ride and when suddenly I look up, I find within me a strange joy.

I feel lucky that I can really balance myself on two wheels and be able to drive.Today I got a chance to drive throughout the day with small intervals between each sessions.I drove to my college, which happens to be out of the city,probably countryside, then from college to the interior of the city, which makes it a really long dive and to make it even longer, I took no shortcuts :) ... I didn't stop there.I came back home and then back to city and then again back home.What made the whole driving thing wonderful was a realization.I was riding on the greatest invention of all times,the wheel.Wheel,the thing that changed the future of transportation.It paved the way for a blasting future of the world.Just for a moment remove wheels from everything around you and experience the feeling of a world without wheels.It was after the realization that I was connected to such a great thing, I started feeling that all the wheels are laughing and rolling on.I started imagining the world of wheels.

At times you just need a long drive to connect to the one that resides in you.I kept pondering all the way and kept connecting to the soul within me.They say God is within everybody but we forget it is within ourselves too.It is not just that we need to see a God in everyone around us,we need to see it in ourselves too..I wonder how many of you ever felt like getting out of  your body and  hugging it back.

Going for the drive ALONE was not a bad idea at all.While I was on the elevated road,I could see my busy city- busy malls,busy bus terminal,busy roads below, and at far end stood the sacred temple,THE GOLDEN TEMPLE, which too is getting busy day by day.There were hoardings of brands and what not! I couldn't help smiling and wondering why can't there be hoardings to connect people to nature.Why can't there be the words of great people on these hordings instead of luxury attires,watches,shoes, etc.One thing I like about my college is the quotes that can be found in all the corridors.They keep reminding me about the values of life.

Another exciting thing today was the 'Rider Like Feel'.You know what I mean? The way you turn your bike at the corners,almost bending to touch the ground,coming down a bridge at a great speed and putting your own driving skills to test.Oh man!!! It was awesome.

Now I sit here relaxed and smiling to myself .Driving is not just an act of accelerating and applying brakes.Its a way of reviving yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment