Monday 2 January 2012

(No Title)

This post may be an outcome of my biorhythm but I don't really care about it at the moment.I feel like writing and shall proceed with it.
Second day of the new year(which does not seem to be a new at all) was spent in pure pondering.Pondering over the need of sharing our experiences,our thoughts and our emotions with others.Since last few days I had been doing a lot of sharing of all these things and was wondering if I got too sentimental at all such occasions.At times something holds you back from going ahead and speaking your heart out,and it may lead you to the point where you start questioning your own feelings.
I noticed it was not just me who felt like talking to someone.Old people have an urge, greater than mine, to share their life experiences and feelings.They just need someone to listen to them and they can go on for hours telling you the stories of happy and sad times of their lives.Today I got a chance to sit down with my grandfather,aged ninety five,and listen to his experiences.I could make out how happy he felt sharing all that.I would try to say a word or two but he was almost lost in his world,enjoying the bliss of traveling through memory space.I kept craving whole day to have an ear for myself.I am well aware of the fact that time flies and know the importance of a moment, but when I sat down to lend an ear I realized that when the sun of life is setting, the value of time increases many folds.At dusk of life, one gets emotional and the desire to be heard is more than at any other point in life.While he tried hard to hold them back,I could see the tears in my grandfather's eyes.I just gave him a smile. :-)
It was not just grandfather but my grandmother too got sentimental today.My family and my grandparents don't live together.They live with my uncle (father's brother) in the neighboring house.Even though we are neighbors yet I seldom visit them.We really did not have a happy time together in past few years so I don't really feel like going to my uncle's place.Today when I went to their house,I saw my grandmother sitting on the folding bed along with my mother .I wished her and stood near the bed.What I heard in reply was quite unusual reply for me.She asked me to hug her.Now let me tell you,though we had not talked for a long long looooong time,still I had a soft corner for my grandmother and I always wanted to hug her.I haven't seen my grandparents from mom's side yet I miss them at times.So when grandma asked me to hug her I made the most of the moment and fulfilled my wish :-) Not only that,I even got to touch her feet while I tried to show I was just checking the temperature of her feet. :-) She wouldn't have let me do that otherwise.
The day turned out to be full of emotions and blessings :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment