Wednesday 4 January 2012

Cinema

Yesterday I sat down in front of the idiot box and bumped into the movie 'Dil Se' which was being aired on one of the channels.It was a movie that I had seen in a cinema hall with my family when I was in second or third grade.As the movie's first scene showed up,I had a new thought taking form in my mind.Old days and movies.My mother can remember the names almost all the movies that she saw in cinemas before marriage.It is not because she has a very sharp memory but because in the retro time the cinema was not quite common visiting place as it is today.The families usually choose this past time on special occasions,which reminds me of my school time,when my father use to take me to watch a movie after scoring good marks in my final tests.It was like a motivation for me to do my best at school.I can remember the other movies that my father showed me.These were: Koyla, Bade Miyan Chhote Miyan, Dil se, Yarana, Krish, Jurassic Park,Baby's Day Out and Dil Toh Pagal Hai.
Today cinema is like a restaurant or any other place where you can easily hang out.I don't have to work hard to watch a movie.With a multiplex at a walking distance from my house,I can drop in in that place at any time with my friends and choose to watch a 2D, 3D or a 5D movie.The feeling of triumph is lost completely.Forget about the names,I can't even count the number of movies that I have watched in last two years.
I don't say that going to multiplexes is not fun.It is quite enjoyable, especially when you do all that funny stuff with your friends and come out with a bagful memories, but how many times all that is valued? How many times do friends sit down and remember all that stupidity? Haven't we heard of this,'excess  of anything is bad'? What is the point of going to a movie then? I have seen my friends argue at times about which movie to watch.If watching a movie of your choice is all that counts then what is the fun of going with friends? Go alone.
At last if I compare the time when I went for a movie with my father and the time when I go with my friends,I can feel the former had more meaning to it for me.The excitement to go for a movie has reduced over time.


No comments:

Post a Comment